Repertoire & Performance
Various topics regarding repertoire and performance will be explored through our collection of programming resources, current issues & tips, themed programming, and more.
Music by Composers from Underrepresented Groups
- League of American Orchestras, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Center
- The Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Center provides practical and helpful insights, advice, and a path to greater diversity and inclusion in every aspect of arts organizations.
- Institute for Composer Diversity
- Dedicated to the discovery, study, and performance of music written by composers from underrepresented groups.
- The Composer’s Equity Project
- A database of composers who identify as as African/Black, Latinx, Asian/South Asian, Arab/Middle Eastern, and Native American, Women, and Gender Non-Conforming composers.
- American Composers Alliance
- Online searchable catalog with filters for diverse themes and composers.
- Canadian Music Centre
- Online searchable database of Canadian composers with advanced search filter by gender (female, genderqueer, male, neutral, transgender).
- Center for Black Music Research
- Collections that highlight the role of Black music in world culture.
- Major Orchestras Librarian Association, Inc.
- Public resources of underrepresented composers
- Latin Orchestral Music
- This online catalog contains over 9,000 original orchestral works by over 1,600 composers from 24 countries and territories of Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Music by Black Composers
- A project of the Rachel Barton Pine Foundation aimed at making the music of black composers available to all people and helping to change the face of classical music and its canon.
- Diverse Composers of Wind Band Music
- Online database of wind band music broken into Women Composers, Composers of Color, and LGBTQIA+ Composers.
Sample Concert Programs
We encourage NAMO members to share their knowledge and expertise here. If you are interested in sharing resources, please email NAMO at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your submissions as attachments or links in your email.